Friday, June 17, 2016

Life As A New Mom

     It's been a little over 2 weeks now since I've had my baby. Life has been full of all kinds of new things. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a very selfish person. Having a baby is full of all kinds of joys, but also many challenges.
     From trying to figure out how to nurse, and being sleep deprived, makes mommy-hood all the more interesting.
      James is a wonderful blessing and addition to our family, but it's also been a little tough to adjust to having a baby.
     What once was nights with my hubby, sitting and watching a movie, playing games, evening walks, or having friends over, is now, time spent trying to feed the baby, or put the baby to sleep. Nights with just my husband and I, are no longer. It's been an adjustment for both of us, but we wouldn't trade it for the world.
Josh having some father/son bonding moments.

                I told my husband, "I feel like I won't be able to tell you about my day anymore! It won't be exciting. It'll be, feeding the baby, putting the baby to sleep, and maybe some things in between." ;) It gave us both a good laugh.
     James weighs 6Ibs 9.9oz as of today, which means, he's been gaining an ounce a day for the past week and a half. 

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps.
This is James after he finished eating. ;) 

      James is 16 days old, as of today. Every day is full with new challenges/old challenges, and lots of patience to go with it ... Gods working on me with that one. ;)
     I pray that God will give me the patience to endure what lies ahead, and to give me a peace that passes all understanding. Little baby James is a tremendous Joy to our lives, and we couldn't be happier to have him in our little family. We love you James Randal Narwold!!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you know this from helping with all your brothers and sisters (I only know from helping with my niece and nephew!), but it gets easier! You're already a supermom :)

    He's such a cutie! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!