Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Almost There!

     As the weeks get closer to my delivery of this little boy I carry, I'm reminded of Gods goodness every day. Gods goodness to bless even me, a sinner, with a child? A child that I can call my own, a child that my best friend in the world, and I can share together? A child who's father is the best man in the world and the love of my life?!
     In the preparation of delivering a baby, I've been super busy. Buying things that I'll need for delivery and birth, and getting things ready and "set up" for the labor and delivery has kept me busy.
     I'm 36 weeks into my pregnancy now. There's a couple of the ladies in our church, including myself who are all due within a couple weeks of each other, so it's been great to grow with them, and to learn new things from other mommies in the church.
     The more I think about it, the more I'm grateful that God has somewhat prepared me to be a mom by the way I grew up. I helped take care of my youngest brother, who's now almost 8,  and helping my sister, who's almost 14 has given me some practice that I wouldn't have been able to do if I didn't have them in my life.
     Having babysitting jobs throughout my life has also been super helpful, and to know how to take care of things when they go wrong, or merely how to change a diaper... every little piece of my life, God has used in some way or another to help prepare me to be a mother. On top of that, having a mother who's wonderful example has been to lead us all in the ways of the Lord. I feel truly honored and blessed to have everyone in my life who's been able to give me wisdom and advice on what they've learned. I'm thankful that I know what I do, and I know that we still have a ways before Josh and I will feel like we know what we're doing, but I feel like we've got a great start thanks to family and friends. :)

     Prayer Requests:

  • Labor/Delivery will go smooth without any complications.
  • God will grant my husband and I with patience and perseverance as we learn how to be parents
  • God will grant me with strength and calmness as I endure labor.




 Video Below of Baby James moving... at the end. He usually stops moving when I get the camera out, but this time I caught him giving me a kick. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!