Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Morning Sickness?

     Now that ya’ll know that I’m pregnant, I can tell you a bit about my pregnancy.
     From what I'm told, I haven't had much morning sickness. I've never been pregnant before, so it's hard to compare it to anything, but from what I gather, I don't have much morning sickness. :)
     Most people who know me well, know that I was never much of a breakfast eater, and that I could be satisfied with coffee for breakfast. That would usually hold me over until Lunch. Well, since being pregnant, I have to eat immediately after waking up, and every 2 hours or so, otherwise I feel so sick that I can’t eat anything without feeling like I’m going to throw up. So, there have been many times when my husband will come home, and I just want to sit on the couch and watch something until I feel better. Usually by the end of the show, I’m feeling better. I have to force myself to eat at that point. sigh. Also, I’m starving in the morning and afternoon, but usually after dinner, I’m fine for the rest of the night. weird! 
     The first time I was hungry after dinner, my husband brought up a bag of chips and we ate and played a game of Sequence on our bed upstairs. 
     Because I didn’t used to need much to eat, before I was pregnant, there was a point when I was about 4- 4 /12 weeks along into my pregnancy, where I seriously hated food! Because I had to eat all the time! I still hate food! ;) 
     Since being pregnant, I actually can’t stand coffee! seriously! Many of you know that I’m a coffee lover! I was a snob about it and thought, “when I get pregnant, I’m never going to not like coffee.” Well, I don’t like it. :( I guess it’s better that way though. No more Starbucks runs. ;)
     Many of you know that I love burgers! Well, last month I had my first craving. Can you guess for what?! ;) Not only did I want a burger, but I wanted a Big Mac Meal from McDonalds! Not just any burger, but a big mac! ;) Since then, I haven’t had too many other cravings… no pickles! bleh! On Sunday I had a craving for a steak because my pastor talked about it in his sermon. ;) However, I haven't had too many cravings... maybe 3 since being pregnant. :) 
     This being my first pregnancy, everything is new, and exciting at the same time! I’m constantly being reminded to trust God in everything. My parents and family members are so excited, and I'm excited to be talking about this with them.
    On December 1st I had my first midwife appointment. My blood pressure was great, and I was drinking enough water! :) I'll be getting a blood test soon, so ya'll can pray that will go smoothly.

     HOW I TOLD JOSH...
I told Josh that I had a surprise waiting for him when he got home. He kept asking questions, an he was getting a little warm. ;) When he got home, I told him that he was going to be a dad. He said, "Are you serious?!" He smiled, and gave me a hug. That night was a date-night, but we decided to stay home and let everyone know. We FaceTimed mostly everyone, and we walked over to Josh's brother's that night, and told them in person.
     Josh has been so good to me! And super patient with this baby inside me growing, and my hormones changing constantly. ;) I love you Josh, and I'm grateful that our baby will have a wonderful man to call their father!

     We are very excited to welcome a little one into our own lives. 
Please keep us in prayer, and the little one inside me. We’re blessed! :) <3 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! Glad your morning sickness has not been too bad. Eating every two hours does sound tough though! Prayers and blessings for you, your husband, and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your morning sickness sounds hard, but what a gift pregnancy is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating that often is tough at first, I'll agree with you there. But if you're anything like me, it'll get a lot easier later in the pregnancy when you seem to crave food ALL the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!