Friday, November 13, 2015

Mourning with those who Mourn

     The Bible talks a lot about mourning and weeping.
     Last week, a close friend of ours at church had a miscarriage. To see such a dear friend, so close go through something like this, was hard. I cried, a lot. I cried because I know how important children are to their family, our church, and God. I know that God knew how long that baby was going to be in the womb, before He decided to take the baby home. God knows it all, and it was His will that the baby went home early.
     The Bible says in Romans 12:15, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep."
      Jesus Christ himself mourned the death of Lazarus.(John 11)
     Many years ago, when I was 9, my mother was carrying a child in her womb. She was 8 months into her pregnancy, when she knew something was wrong. My dad and her rushed to the hospital, and my little baby sister, Grace Elizabeth Baughman, was a still-born baby. My parents mourned for a long time. In many ways, it still hurts. However, in the midst of that hurt. In the midst of them fighting those tears, and long nights; they knew that God was in control. They knew that this was all part of Gods perfect plan. Although they didn't understand it, they both begin to seek the Lord even harder than they ever have before.
     God blessed them with another baby 6 weeks later, and 8 months later, my sister, Joy Elianna Baughman, was born. We don't always understand why God does what he does, but we know this... God is in Control! He's Sovereign, and He's on his throne.
     I'm constantly reminded of God's Sovereignty every day. From praying and having faith that my husband gets home safe from work every day, to God's sovereignty over the womb of many babies who've died. God has his perfect plan, and although it doesn't make sense to us, it's His plan. 
     Revelation 21:4, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
     Matthew 5:4, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful & encouraging post, Caitlin. I, too, know what it feels like. I miscarried my first baby at 6 weeks old. It was the most heartbreaking time of my life; I never thought I would get over it. But by God's faithfulness, Andy and I were thrilled when we discovered we were expecting yet again about a month after miscarrying. Part of me still hurts that I will never meet the little one who left this world far too soon, and yet the realization on how precious life truly is really struck me. It's making me all the more cautious being pregnant a second time around. I'm relying on the Lord's comfort and wisdom to guide me through this pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Cryslyn! Yes, relying on the Lord's comfort and wisdom is huge! Praying that the rest of your pregnancy will go well with no complications!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Caitlin! That means a lot.
      God Bless. :)

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!