Monday, June 8, 2015

Humblings Experiences

     Have you ever had one of those days that... NOTHING seems to be going right?... I had another one of those experiences this last week. It was one of those, "Thanks God... I needed that." moments. A moment that when I'm in the midst of strife and chaos, that Gods there, giving me the gentle nudge, saying, "Look, child! You may have a bad day, but I'm here." God knew what I needed to learn that day. It was one of those moments that I look back on, and realize that God was trying to show me patience, and having a way of humbling me when things don't go my way. God sure does have a sense of humor, doesn't he?! :)
     The thing is, the day actually started out really great! It was a Saturday... I got to spend the day with my hubby. We went with my brother and sister in law to pray at an Abortion Clinic, went to an antique sale, and then I went shopping, while Josh drove home with his brother, to get things done at home. Things were going great! ... I had a coffee in hand, and a shopping cart with a lists of things I needed to get. It was when I got home, that things just started going downhill. I stubbed my toe and made it bleed, spilled mac n cheese on my pants, swept and mopped the floor, only to spill on it a little while later. Things just continued to get worse. I literally had to sit down next to my husband, to get me calmed down. After I calmed down, I thanked God for the day he blessed me with.
     Sometimes, we just have rough days. I think God uses the good and the bad days for His glory. I kept thinking back to how I reacted when things got bad, and I wondered, what could I have done differently? Instead of clenching my fists, and and grinding my teeth, I could've just said, "It's okay... I'm still alive and well." I didn't though. 
     My husband and I were sitting down to watch a movie late last night, and I heard a loud noise, and all the sudden heard him do a little moan and groan. I went to the kitchen to find out what happened, and he said, "I dropped my water bottle, full of water." It went all over the carpet. I couldn't help but laugh to myself. I had literally done the same thing the previous day, and had the same reaction. Things didn't go the way I wanted it to, and I groaned about it. Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't cry over spilled milk"? Spilled Milk, you can clean up... the actions that you do when you spill, is something you can't take back once it's been done. If you growl and are grouchy about a spill that your 2 year old did on accident, and you start saying things that you don't mean, just because you're mad, they may not forget. However, if you calmly say, "It's okay. Let's clean this up. It was an accident." ... doesn't that sound a whole lot better?!
     I'm constantly reminding myself to do things or say things differently when I'm mad. Instead of going on this rant about what I'm upset about, I'm trying to just take a deep breath, thank God for the day, and move on. It's a lot harder said than done, I know. :) But hey, you gotta start somewhere.
     These Bible verses have been helpful for me this week. What ways do you find help you to calm down when you're upset? I'd love to know! :) Leave a comment!

Proverbs 25:28, "A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls."


1 Corinthians 10:13, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."


2 Peter 1:5-7, "For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love."

1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."


2 Timothy 1:7, "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."


Proverbs 16:32, "Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city."


1 Peter 4:7, "The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!