Monday, April 27, 2015

When Our Strength fails and Gods Strength Prevails

       All of us go through hills and valleys in life. We have days when our strength is completely helpless, and we feel like we can't go on. We have days when our whole world feels like it's falling apart. However, through it all, I can honestly say that God is good! I'm realizing every day that even on my bad days, I just have to remind myself of all of life's many blessings, and look at it, and say, "God is good...even then!" This past week, I've been learning a lot about trusting in God. Learning to completely surrender and give my all in all, to Christ. It's when we come to that place in life, when we completely surrender to Christ, and take up the cross, and follow Him, that God's strength is seen. We can't it on our own. It's only through Gods grace and mercy that I make it every day. 
     This past week, some family members and I were talking about struggles in our own lives. Struggles like, having doubt, worrying, stressing out about things, feeling like a failure at life, second guessing ourselves... the list can go on. But, I came to a stopping point this past week. Some family members came over to our house this last week, and we prayed. We prayed for Gods goodness and mercy to prevail. We prayed for Gods grace and strength to take over. There's a breaking point in every Christians life. A point where we have to literally give up, and fall upon Christ. I love how Paul Washer says it, "Repentance, is simply giving up! To stop fighting against God, and to stop attempting to gain your own salvation through your own works; to literally give up and fall upon Christ."
     I came to a breaking point a couple years ago. A point where I realized that I don't have strength to get through each day. I can't make it on my own. Some days, I still think I can... but it's in those moments, that God uses us the most. God is continually refining us. I'm constantly reminded in James 1:2-4, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." We can't get through life on our own strength, only in Gods. In 2nd Corinthians 12:9, we read, "And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness..."
     Man will fail us every day of our lives. God is the only one who never fails! He is faithful to the end, and with us every step of the way! So, when we feel like we can't go on anymore, just know that God will give you the strength to get through each day... we need only to seek God and ask.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin! I love your blog! This is such an encouraging post. Thanks for sharing this! :)
    I hope you check out my blog and please follow it by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. :)
    Love in Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!