Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Stop And Smell The Rose's

     Sometimes, in life, we get so busy and preoccupied with things, that we forget to slow down and enjoy the little things in life.
     That being said, me planning a wedding, has made me realize, that I don't enjoy the littlest of things sometimes... for instance, my little brother asked me the other day, "Caitlin, can you play a game with me, or read me a book?" I told him no at first, and then he started to get teary-eyed, and said, "No one ever plays anything with me!" While, I knew that what he said wasn't true, at the same time, I couldn't help but ask myself, "How many times have you spent with Elijah, just you and him recently?" It's true, life had been so busy that I somehow, missed playing games and reading to my siblings.
     Many have heard the saying "Stop and Smell the Rose's"... slowing down, and taking a moment to enjoy life's many blessings is something that I don't do as often as I should.
     "Here it what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage.."
 ~ Ecclesiastes 5:18~
     I remember taking my siblings for a walk last year during the summer . It had been a day that I just wanted to be back home, and get stuff done at home. I was hurrying, when I realized my siblings weren't following me closely behind anymore. They had stopped to look at a bug on the sidewalk. You can imagine my reaction wasn't pleasant as I had the wrong attitude. When I told them to hurry up, you can imagine the look on their face was of pure disappointment. It was then that I realized that I, myself, needed to slow down. I needed to appreciate the little bug running across the path, and the look my siblings had of pure joy. I needed to appreciate the warm, sunny day, and the blue sky above me. Appreciate the little things, stop and smell the rose's... after all, the rose's aren't there forever, enjoy them while they're in bloom. :)
ARE WE TOO BUSY?

Another beautiful sunrise is shining,
And casts sparkles among the trees,
The sun rises higher each moment,
Have we taken time, upon our knees?

Do we hurry through, with God, in Prayer....
So we can rush about, this day?
Do we take time....for others, to care?
Or, are we "too busy"....to even Pray?

The way of Life goes so much better,
If we spend time with our Father,
Remember Jesus...and ask for Guidance,
And always Praying, daily, for one another.

How quickly the day comes to an end,
And the sun sinks...in the Western sky,
God Loves us...and walks with us,
And He will be with us...when we die.
Leona I. Miller

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of last night, when my little sister kept asking me if she could read her new book. It was so sweet! I wanted to sit on browse Pinterest for a while--:)-- but I couldn't resist her cute little voice saying, "I want to read Heidi to you!" <3 I love my sister.
    Naomi
    livingasmodestgirls.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop and smell the rose's what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth!
      I'm a little confused about your comment... Did I not make something clear...?

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!