Wednesday, August 13, 2014

His Grace is Sufficient!

God teaches in mysterious ways. I see this every day in my journey of being a Christian. In the moments where dreams come crashing down, or a loved one is lost, or life is just  topsy-turvy, we all stand back and ask "why?" It's such a difficult lesson to interpret. I said a prayer; thanking God for the little patch of heaven he had placed me in, for my family, and for life's simple goodness.

Our family had gone to a Church Family Camp last week. While on this trip, I had put my necklace that I got for my birthday, inside of my computer case, because I was in a hurry to get in the lake with my sister. Two days after I did this, I went to grab the necklace, and it was gone! I was very sad because this necklace was important to me, because I got it from my dad on my birthday. I had only had it for a couple weeks, and it was gone! Our church camp prayed for me to find it, but I couldn't. I left my information at the camp, in case the staff found it. In some cases, I could say that God didn't answer my prayers… and yet, in a way He did. He may not have led me to the necklace, but He showed me that His grace is sufficient for me! The things of this world shouldn't matter. Everything belongs to God! 

     I remember when our barn burned down in our backyard. Our chickens climbed right onto the heat lamp, and started a fire. We weren't home, until the evening, so everything was ruined… such as, a bunk-bed, antiques, windows, (that were replaced, because they gave us the wrong ones, but said we could keep the old ones) a chicken, some trees, and all kinds of other things were burned. Most of them were un-replaceable. So, what was the good that came out of all of that? We were blessed with money that our insurance covered for our burned thing. We took that money, and used it for someone else’s good. What Satan meant for Evil, God meant for good! 
     But isn't it ironic, that in the moment you are most peaceful and content with life, it seems God puts you to the flames again. I've come to see it as admitting we've grown stronger through his grace; we've proved we can withstand the next purging fire.
"So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though  it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." ~1 Peter 1:7~
I've learned one thing: This painful refinement will never stop. Our initial reaction is "why does God give his servants trials? Haven't they proven their faith and determination?"
Yes, they have. This is why the trials still come; to make us stronger, to make us tougher.  The world doesn't see this. They ask "why would a loving God persecute his people?"
     We’re reminded in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” 
     Yes, I’m still pretty upset that my necklace hasn't been found. If it has, someone might have taken it by now. However, at the same time, I need to realize that a necklace is just a “thing” of this world.  It’s a worldly possession.  It meant a lot to me, but, I've been realizing that 2nd Corinthians 12:9 says, “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness…”
We can’t see the big picture. But Christianity is about faith, not sight. We don't need proof of God's faithfulness. Because God upholds his promises. 

6 comments:

  1. AMEN!! Thanks for sharing your heart, Caitlin! That was such a blessing to read! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Beautifully written! Just a few minutes ago I saw a rainbow and was reminded that God always keeps His promises. Indeed, His grace is sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear Caitlin, for these words of wisdom. Your post richly blessed my heart this morning.

    Also, thank you for the visits to my blogs and the kind, encouraging words :) Have a wonderful day! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good reminder, Caitlin. I've often found that the times when I experience the greatest trials or the most discomfort ultimately prove to be the best opportunities for growth, usually because they force my hand when it comes to trusting Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Josh! Indeed, God uses those moments for spiritual growth!

      Delete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!