Friday, August 1, 2014

Encouragement for Brother's and Sister's in Christ

I was asked by Andrew Howard to write a post on his blog: http://sotkbroadcast.blogspot.com/
The topic he wanted me to write about was...
How older sister's are to encourage their physical and spiritual brothers as
 they are striving to be men for God. So, I thought I'd share it. :) 
I feel very unworthy to write this, but as a 22 year old young woman striving to serve and encourage my
fellow brothers in Christ, I feel honored to complete such a task.
First of all, I asked a couple of  my brothers, what their thoughts were, on how sister’s in Christ can encourage them, and these were their answers...
Corey (23)
By Increasing in knowledge and understanding of God’s word. Decreasing in the frequency of sin. increasing Christ like qualities. Increase in faith and trust in God. (“Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.” ~ 1st Corinthians 11:1)

Ethan (19)
Talk with them, and interact with them

Austin (16)
Dressing modestly, because the way someone dresses or even how someone acts, reflects off of them. When brothers see how someone dresses/acts, it can very possibly be a stumbling block for the brothers in Christ. We need to remember to act as Christ, because people see those attributes that we have; and if it doesn’t reflect Christ but reflect the flesh that is in us, it can become a stumbling block.

As I have talked to many brothers in Christ, I have come to realize that not only do we serve the same God, but we all need encouragement on various issues. With talking to men, they've told me that the one thing they wish women would talk to them about is, Theology, the Bible, and various History characters. In today’s culture, studying about these kinds of things, to some, is considered a, “man’s job”. I however, don’t agree. In 1st Peter 3:15, it says, “ But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear…”
In today’s culture, many men and women, don’t know answers. I didn't start studying about Theology and Historical Characters until 1 ½ years ago. I've been enjoying it so much,
that I can now ask young men and older men, any questions I have, or get their
thoughts on a certain subject. 
Studying Theology isn’t just for guys; And the men that I talk to, love to talk about Theology!
So, to all those young men out there, don’t give up the fight! Study about the Bible, study about Theology, study about the laws of God, and most of all, memorize scripture!.. so that you can be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you!
To all the young women out there, this is how we encourage our brothers in Christ! Learn to study these things. Discuss them with other young men! Don’t be afraid to ask questions! 
May God bless His Kingdom, as we help those in Christ seek to Glorify Him!

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
~Matthew 6:33~

“According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.”
~1st Corinthians 3:10~

“To the end he may establish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.”
~1st Thessalonians 3:13~

“But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.”
~2nd Thessalonians 2:13-17~

Blessings in Christ!
Caitlin Baughman
http://daughterofdestiny-generation78.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!