Monday, June 23, 2014

When Will my Life Began? A lesson from Tangled


"Stuck in the same place I've always been
I just keep wanderin' and wanderin' and
wanderin' and wanderin' 
when will my life begin?"
-Tangled

I have heard the myth of "my life hasn't started yet" often since I graduated high school and entered the new phase of questions life.

You graduate high school and "just like that", the consistency is gone. No more of the steady continuation of doing the next chapter in a math or science book. Until advanced education courses start (or whatever path that God is leading you down) you inevitably begin to ask "what's next?" "what is my purpose?" "and what is purpose-filled?" "when will my life begin"? You cry out to God asking Him to Show you the path of Life (Ps. 16:11) and questions rise far quicker than conclusions are reached!

This post-graduation truth quest, though internally challenging at times, is an incredible blessing. The temptation is there to ask "when will my life begin"? And start to subconsciously insert "maybe when I get this job", or "maybe when I get married", or "maybe when I have kids..." etc. but the truth is that our life began at conception. It doesn't start with the new good job, marriage, a college degree, a dream house etc. (although all those things can be blessings and good). Our life began at conception!

Embrace the searching, knowing that it produces growth. But don't let it cause you to waste the moments that you're living now. Enjoy them, use them, fill them with meaning and purpose. Prepare for the tasks that the Heavenly Father has laid on your heart and as Proverbs says, get wisdom.

Use the season of questions to search deeper into what you believe - talk with parents, get together with mentors and most importantly, search the Word of God. Remember that each day is a blessing from the Father to serve and glorify Him, to use the talents and opportunities that He has given us for Him. To make even the most mundane of tasks a living sacrifice to Him...(do all things to the glory of the Father). Your task might be small - but if you do it with joy as unto the Lord, then you have done well, faithful servant.

Ultimately, let the questions lead you to the foot of the cross. Realizing that without our Heavenly Father we are nothing but with Him we have purpose in life! Our life began at conception and our spiritual life with acceptance and belief that He is our guide and Savior on this beautiful life journey, where He guides us with His commandments, precepts and the Holy Spirit.

With God we don't keep wandering, because our life has begun. In Him, our purpose is fulfilled, our questions answered, our hope found. What a privilege and joy to walk day by day in His guidance and always in His grace.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." -Abraham Lincoln

Jenna from: http://femininefarmgirl.blogspot.com/ wrote a neat post, and I thought I'd re-post it, as well as 
add a few of my own thoughts. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! What a great reminder. I have often thought of this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!