Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Blessing of Marriage

Earlier today, my siblings and I went to Chipotle, because we all had coupons to use. We sat next to this couple who looked like were getting ready for their wedding plans. A planner was there, talking to them, and it was so sweet! Marriage is a beautiful thing!
I've seen many Marriages and Courtships over the last couple of years, and it's been such a blessing!
In today's day and age though... what does marriage mean. ?
In Fireproof Michael is talking to Caleb, and he says, "The sad part about it is, when most people promise for better or for worse, they really only mean for the better."
Isn't this unfortunately the truth in many marriages...?! We love the good times, but when the bad times come, we don't fight for it. We give up so easily. Marriage is something worth fighting for! I haven't learned from experience. I've never been married, so, no, I'm  not an expert. However, I've had many friends give me words of advice and wisdom over the years. I've seen marriages and courtships fall apart, and I've seen them come together like they never had before. I've seen marriages have a closeness with the Savior, that they didn't have before.
What does the Bible say about marriage?
Ephesians 5:22-33

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,"

Genesis 2:24

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."

Proverbs 18:22

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."

Hebrews 13:4

"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous."


Ephesians 5:25-33

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,"


They're are many more verses about marriage, but I loved these passages.
Marriage is a sacred and honorable thing!
No, I don't know everyone's circumstances. I know of quite a few ladies at our church who's husbands have left them for someone else. If you are married, let God work in you and your husband! If you're a man, let God work in your wife! God can restore your marriage, if you let him!
To the single men and ladies out their, God has your spouse out there somewhere! I know it's not easy to wait, but in the end, it'll be worth it! :)
Enjoy the song below called, "Restore" by Chris August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!