Monday, May 5, 2014

Change: A time for everything

In the times when friends leave, or you leave your friends, what do you do?
Is change good? Is it bad? What happens when our faith is put to the test?
Yesterday, was the last time we attended our Church... we are going with some families and doing a church plant. While this is such an exciting time, it's also sad! While I'll make new friends, and continue to be friends with those coming with us, I'll be leaving the old ones. It didn't hit me until Saturday... I'll no longer see my friends weekly now... which brings to my point: Is Change good?

Some people enjoy change, some people don't.
Back several years ago, when I found out that my best friends were going to move out of the state, I couldn't believe that the change was for the better! I didn't think that I'd ever have friends who understood me again! It turns out, during this time, God took me, and filled in all the empty spots... with Himself!

So, what happens when we're put on trial? What happens when family and friends are taken away? What happens when you take your friends for granted? What happens when you're faith is challenged? Is our faith put to the test? Do we trust God in these moments of change?

I can't answer every question, but I do know that God tells us in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; A time to cast away stonesAnd a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace."

There are many times that change is for the better, but God will always see us through, and He will always be with us! What are some of the ways that God has shown you that change was for the better? I'd love to hear! :) Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Caitlin, that was a very fitting Bible passage. I'm going to miss seeing you at church every Sunday, but I'm praying that God will richly bless and minister to you and all the other sweet families as you start this church plant!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I will miss seeing you at Church every Sunday as well! May God richly bless Reformation Church as well! :)

      Delete
  2. You are so right! God will ALWAYS see us through. He has a plan in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! its so hard to leave or lose friends. we left our church almost 10 years ago now, and I thought I'd nevr have a good friend again. But it turns out that the Lord had other plans to give me closer friends here than I could ever have hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Isn't God good Brianna?!
      Thank you for always leaving such sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your heart, Caitlin. I know that change can be hard sometimes, and with your family leaving your church and planting a new one with some friends can certainly be bittersweet. I'll be praying for God to give you peace as you work through this time with your family.

    May God bless you, Caitlin!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!