Monday, April 28, 2014

Taste and See!

The last couple days, I've been struggling with a cold/cough. In which case, I can't taste... I've also lost my appetite for several days. Tasting is such a wonderful thing that God blessed us with. You don't enjoy something so much, until it's gone! I begun to realize that God gave us our five senses for a reason... to enjoy the food that He created! However, we do abuse the tongue many times... by the things we say,
or the things we eat that aren't good for us, such as Chocolate, cake, cookies... the list can go on. On one of the days that I was sick, my dad made Chocolate Chip Cookies! Can you believe that I couldn't taste or enjoy the smell of Chocolate Chip Cookies?!
I was looking up Bible verses about tasting, and found in Psalm 34:8, "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!"

~Genesis 1:29~

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."

God has given us a tongue to distinguish what's sour, what's sweet, what's bad, and what's good. We can enjoy the sweetness of a shake, coffee, tea, chocolate milk, when we have our senses working. So, when I get my taste back, I will be so grateful! :) Here are some other verses that I enjoyed reading. Enjoy! :)

Matthew 5:13-16

“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Mark 9:50

Salt is good, but if the salt has lost its saltiness, how will you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another.”

1 comment:

  1. Delightful post, Caitlin. I just got over a cold as well, and it really made me realize again how amazing our bodies really are. It just makes me so thankful for how God designed our bodies, and for my health.

    Have a great day and hope you feel better soon!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear comments!!! Please drop me a message!